November 14, 2011

Island Fashion

I wasn't the best at taking outfit pictures on vacation (the beaches and rum punch are mostly to blame) but here's a round-up of what I wore throughout the week. The key to packing for vacation?Pack things that are casual, things that don't wrinkle, and things you can use more than once (i.e. my orange wedges and vintage handbag).


Sunnies: sample sale, Dress: H&M

There is nothing easier to travel with and throw on than a maxi dress. They can also be casual paired with flats (for sight seeing) or dressed up with wedges and a nice blazer or cardie for dinner.

 Earrings: KT Collection, Dress: Pins and Needles from Urban Outfitters, Wedges: Charlotte Russe

A dress that tends to be a bit more, well dressy, is given a more islandy and casual feel by adding just a small pop of color with the wedges.

 Turquoise bracelet: a local find I wore all week

Local markets are full of great (and cheap) finds, such as jewelry, scarves, and fun beach cover-ups.

 Tank: Wet Seal ( forever ago!), Skirt: Forever 21, Purse: Vintage, Shoes: Payless


This shirt is one of those pieces I have had in my closet for ever and it still hasn't gotten old. It's can be used in so, so many ways there's no reason to get rid of it.

Earrings:Banana Republic, Watch: Michael Kors, Purse: Vintage,Dress:H&M, Wedges: Charlotte Russe

I love this bag that I picked up at a vintage sale a few weeks back. It was the perfect bag to bring on this trip as it can dress up an outfit or add a touch of sparkle to a more casual outfit.

1 comment: