November 29, 2011

Man Meals-Part 1

These recipes are so simple...even a man can do it :)






















I know it's hard to believe,but trust me on this one guys. If you can turn on the stove, you are golden.



For the first 'Man Meals' I chose things that are classics and that absolutely everyone will love (or at least everyone better!).




These recipes are ones I turn to whenever I am in need of a quick meal. Nothing can beat the ease, the taste or the basic list of ingredients.


Chicken Nuggets and Mac n' Cheese remind me of being a kid, but somehow no matter how old I get these  dishes don't get old.

Chicken Nuggets
From my Mom


1/2 c. bread crumbs (I prefer the Italian seasoned ones)
1 tbsp. Parmesan
1 tbsp. parsley or thyme, chopped (Ok to use dried)
Salt and pepper
4 tbsp. butter, melted
4 chicken breasts, cut into cubes

Combine first four ingredients. Take the chicken cubes and dip them first in the butter then the bread crumb mixture. Lay the cubes on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.

Mac 'n Cheese
From Macaroni and Cheesecake

2 c. pasta
2 c. milk (I use fat free)
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. Dijon mustard (I prefer it w/o)



In a small saucepan, add pasta and milk.  Bring to simmer, then reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes, until pasta is soft, stirring frequently and ensuring milk does not boil.
Turn heat off, add cheese, salt (and mustard if you're using it) and stir to melt the cheese and combine. If not creamy enough, add milk a little at a time, and gently stir.
*This recipe can easily be doubled*

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!

    But what's that green stuff doing on the plate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha it's for color...and maybe a little nutrition?!?

    ReplyDelete