September 16, 2011

Bacon, Cheese & Tomatoes Oh My!



Bacon!!! 




Bacon Mayo, Bacon Ice-cream, Bacon-Cheddar Biscuits, Bacon Corn Chowder, Bacon Pudding.....WAIT???!! WHAT???!!! Ya, I just went there.....



Because I don't have a crazy bacon addiction or anything....


You should probably get on this bacon caravan recipe.....you too might then start dreaming of things like bacon cupcakes. Hey, at least I warned you.....

Pasta w/ Creamy Spicy Bacon Sauce
Adapted from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food

6 Slices of Bacon, chopped
1/2 an onion, chopped
1 1/2 c. spaghetti sauce
1/4 c. tomato paste
2-3 c. of water (depending on how thick you like your sauce)
1/4 c. heavy cream
1 tsp. of each of the following: paprika, cayenne pepper, chili powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/2 lb. of pasta (I liked the curly cues, aka as fusilli
Grated Parmesan

In a skillet over medium heat, brown the bacon and onions together. Start cooking your pasta. Then stir the sauce, paste, water (I only used 2 c. as I liked the sauce a little thicker) and seasonings into the bacon and onions. Simmer for 10 minutes then stir in the cream. Toss with the pasta and serve sprinkled with some parmesan.

This recipe takes 15 minutes from start to finish.....you have no reason not to make it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment