October 25, 2011

Traveling Times

I feel like I've been traveling this whole month, so when I was thinking of inspiration for today's post, the obvious thing was to talk about traveling in style && of course in comfort (no heels or skin tight leather pants here....I still have yet to understand that one).

There are a few essentials that I always reach for when I am about to go away:


1. Leggings- Comfy, easy to put on, easy to pack, and they go with almost everything. American Apparel's are great because they don't lose their shape.


2. A great oversized, comfy tee, sweatshirt or tank- Something you can layer and that allows you to move and be flexible. LNA has some great ones as does Forever 21. I am particularly liking this one.

3. A sweater- I always get cold on planes so a sweater is a must, even if I'm going to a warmer location. I prefer something of more a cardigan style for easy on and off. This is one I frequently take as the neutral color goes with everything, it's thin enough to fold up and go into a purse, and it's still will keep me warm. (Bonus it's only $11.50!)


4. Maxi dresses/skirts- These is a great alternative if you are going somewhere warm. (I wore this on the plane from Barbados).


5. Socks-I mean, duh! You can not make yourself more comfortable on a plane than with some fuzzy socks. In my opinion, the fuzzier the better. These are great and they are on sale for only $2.99!!

6. Easy Shoes- And by easy, I mean ones that slip on and off. Again, who wears heels to the airport?? Going through security is a hassle enough with out having to worry about getting shoes on and off. I prefer slip-ons and flip flops. Right now I can not live without a pair of these and are a key travel piece.


7. Accessories- I like things that add a nice touch without being to stuffy or getting in the way, think scarves, hats, and watches (These look so chic, yet fun & comfortable and they have several colors to choose from).


Things to avoid well traveling: heels, leather anything, short dresses, skin tight anything, big chunky jewelry, and big earrings (not so good when you lean against the side to sleep...ouch!)





*The pictures I used in this post are from each products respective websites*

No comments:

Post a Comment