November 4, 2011

DIY: Jewelry Storage, Part 2


This post is slightly over due (blame it on my mild addiction to pumpkin).


I really didn't mean to leave you hanging, er, should I say leave your earrings hanging??!! 


Ok, seriously though. I don't know about you, but I have so many earrings and I never know where to put them. They used to end up tangled or piled on top of the 3 hooks in my jewelry box and this was just not working well for my jewelry selection. If you feel the same way, read on.

To make this board you will need:
(all of the sizes can be adjusted to whatever you need)

A bulletin board
Fabric (enough to cover the board plus about 2 extra inches)
Ribbon
Tacks-decorative or plain tacks and crystals to make your own
Fabric Glue

The easiest way to complete the board is to lay your fabric out with the front side facing down. Place the board face down in the middle of the sheet of fabric. Fold in the fabric and secure it with tacks and/or glue. Let dry. While it's drying, make your decorative tacks by securing a crystal (choose whatever size or colors you would like...I used black) with a little glue on the top of the tacks. I found the best way to make this is by placing all the tacks in a bulletin board, placing the crystals on, and then leaving them to dry for about an hour. Back to the board, decorate it with ribbon and the tacks in which ever way you like (because the fabric was a bit busier I decided to keep the ribbon on just the corners).

No comments:

Post a Comment