January 18, 2012

Easiest Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas...

....ever!


Whenever I need a go to comfort food that's still healthy, this is the dish.


My mom has been making these for years and I continued making them once I moved out on my own.


They are great on a cold night or for unexpected company and require few ingredients and very little time.


What could possibly be better?! Ok maybe bacon....or a cupcake....or a Chanel bag....but besides that,yup they're delicious :)


Easiest Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Makes 8


2 c. cubed chicken (either 2 chicken breasts or 2 12.5 oz cans)
1 package of fat free cream cheese
3/4 c. salsa (any variety)
1 1/2 c. grated Cheddar cheese (I use low fat)
1/4 c. milk (I use fat free)
8 whole wheat tortillas

In a medium saucepan combine the chicken, cream cheese and salsa and cook over low heat, stirring until combined.

Place about 1/3 cup of the mixture in each shell, roll up and then place in a greased 9"x13" pan.

In a smaller saucepan combine the milk and cheese and cook over low heat, mixing until melted.

Pour the sauce over the enchiladas and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment