September 23, 2011

DIY: Jewelry Storage

I have too much LOTS of jewelry. This is just some of my bracelets. Some??( I know, I know!) So I realized the time had come.....to tame this wild beast of a mess.



So I came up with this nifty little idea......


A Chinese Symbol!

Juuuuust kidding!!! But really these two little poles hold the key to ending all your jewelry confusions (please tell me I'm not the only one whose jewelry gets seriously confused and tangled??!!!)


 Hook, line and sinker.....I mean, hook, ribbon, and nails.


The tangles are no more! Thank you Lord!

What You Need
48" dowel rod
Spray paint
Hooks
Nails
Ribbon

I had the rod cut into two equal pieces. I then spray painted them (black to match my room)....make sure you get the ends :)  For me, I needed two rows so I decided to hang the top one with ribbon loops hooked onto nails (since this row would be the more prominent one I wanted it to be more decorative) and I used the hooks to hang the second row. I used a 16" piece of ribbon for each hook, but adjust according to what you need. You can then easily lift the pole out of the hook, or ribbon, and then slide whatever jewelry you need off. (I have quickly learned things without hooks should not be placed dead center of the rod!)

Colors, sizes, placements, etc are all adjustable for whatever you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment